- 400g prepared refrigerated pie crusts
- ¼ cup fig preserves
- 2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 medium apples, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 6 slices Brandt Black Forest Ham, cut each slice in half
- ½ cup Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Unroll pie crust and cut into 6-inch rounds from edges. Gather dough scraps into a ball and roll out on a lightly floured surface to make remaining rounds, for a total of 6.
- Combine fig preserves and mustard in a small bowl. Spread 1 tbsp on each crust, leaving a 1” border. Arrange apple slices and Brandt Black Forest Ham slices decoratively on top. Sprinkle each with Gruyère, thyme and pepper. Fold the sides of the dough up over the edge of the filling.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Whisk egg and water in a small bowl and brush the edges of the galettes. Bake the galettes until the apples are tender and the crusts are a deep golden brown, about 20 minutes.