– 250 g Brandt Hungarian Salami, thinly sliced cut into 1/2″ wide strips
– 1 can of chickpeas (19 oz/560 ml) , drained and patted dry
– 3 tbsp. cornstarch
– 1 cup salted and shelled pistachios
– 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
– 250 g Brandt Turkey Kolbassa Sausage or Extra Lean Kolbassa Sausage
– 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
In large saucepan, heat oil to 325°F. Line a large rack with several layers of paper towel. Fry the salami strips in small batches, until crisp and lightly browned, stirring to separate the strips (about 2 minutes per batch). Using a slotted spoon, transfer the Roma Genoa Salami to the paper towels (salami will firm up as it cools). Transfer the cooled salami to a large bowl. In a medium bowl, toss chickpeas with the cornstarch. Add this chickpeas and corn starch mixture into the hot oil, fry until golden brown, stir occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chickpea corn starch mixture to paper towel to drain. Add the pistachios and the chickpea mixture to the bowl of salami strips. Place the rosemary sprigs into the oil for 1 minute. Drain on paper towel, let cool. Strip the rosemary leaves from the stem, and add to the bowl of chickpeas, pistashios and salami strips. Toss and serve. Accompany with slices of Brandt Kolbassa Sausage, cheese and crackers.